This activity is directly provided by Medical Education Resources and Radiology Imaging Associates.
This two-day course delivers in-depth and hands-on exposure to the technique of interpreting Coronary CTA. You will interpret 100 cases during the course. Designed and taught by radiologists with no vendor bias, the course provides the additional training required to proactively translate this powerful, new tool into the effective treatment of cardiovascular disease.
Participants will independently process and interpret Coronary CTA cases at dedicated 3D workstations.
- Earn 100 Case Interpretation certificate
- 20 hours of Category 1 CME credits
- Tuition includes a case-based on-line cardiac training module with 50 additional cases housed at www.CardiacTraining.com (with an option for an additional 10 CME credits)
Physician Course Highlights
- Learn practical Coronary CT Angiography interpretation from a high-volume, sub-specialty radiology practice.
- Interpret 100 cases.
- Earn up to 20 Category-1 CME credits.
- Optimize image quality.
- Form a succinct and organized Coronary CTA report with appropriate clinical recommendations.
- Master non-coronary cardiac CT findings.
- Learn to engage primary care physicians.
- Understand the preventive and interventional cardiologist’s perspective.
Target Audience: Radiologists and cardiologists.
Coronary CTA Physician Course Objectives
This course prepares participants to perform Coronary CT Angiography at the highest level of expertise by covering all aspects of this new imaging modality, including image acquisition, pre-medication, interpretive technique, structured reporting, anatomy, and pathology. Recent cases will be discussed with hands-on practice.
At the course conclusion, participants will be able to:
- Describe the indications for Coronary CT angiography
- Interpret Coronary CT angiograms with an understanding of medications, imaging technique and common pitfalls
- Identify and characterize atherosclerotic plaque and discuss its medical implications
- Identify normal coronary anatomy and common variants
- Create a structured report to include a description of appropriate clinical recommendations
- Define troubleshooting techniques for suboptimal studies
The course is facilitated by the following speakers:
Simeon Abramson, MD
Thoracic Radiologist, Radiology Imaging Associates, PC – Denver, Colorado
George Pachello, MD
Interventional Cardiologist, Western Cardiology Associates – Denver, Colorado
This activity has been planned and implemented in accordance with the Essential Areas and Policies of the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) through the joint sponsorship of Medical Education Resources (MER) and Radiology Imaging Associates. MER is accredited by the ACCME to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
Medical Education Resources designates this live activity for physicians for a maximum of 20 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s). Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Disclosure of Conflicts of Interest
It is the policy of Medical Education Resources to insure balance, independence, objectivity, and scientific rigor in all of its educational activities. In accordance with this policy, MER identifies conflicts of interest with its instructors, content managers, and other individuals who are in a position to control the content of an activity. Conflicts are resolved by MER to ensure that all scientific research referred to, reported, or used in a CME activity conforms to the generally accepted standards of experimental design, data collection, and analysis.
Lodging arrangements must be made separately. We recommend that you reserve a room at the nearby Inverness Hotel at 200 Inverness Drive West, Englewood, CO 80112. Please call 303-799-5800 for reservations.
Tuition will be refunded for cancellations received in writing (fax, letter or email) two (2) weeks prior to the course. The course fee, less $600 for the online cardiac module, will be refunded.
Note: If a course is cancelled, RIA will not be responsible for traveling and lodging expenses.
Currently Scheduled Course
Date: October 7-8, 2017
Location: Radiology Imaging Associates Corporate Office at 10700 E. Geddes Avenue, Suite 200, Englewood, CO 80112
Online Virtual Training Module Information
- 50 cases
- Online case review at your own leisure
- Analyze axial dataset and reformatted images
- Submit an answer to a patient management question
- Review the correct answer and case discussion with correlative imaging, including catheter correlation
- Receive a certificate for an additional 50 cases upon module completion
- $600 value (cost for module for non-course participants)
Radiology Imaging Associates, PC
Email: [email protected]